Company: Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Located in the Phoenix, Ariz. , suburb of Gilbert, the Mercy
Gilbert Medical Center, is a 198-bed, not-for profit hospital with
more than 1,300 employees and almost 900 doctors on staff
representing all major specialties. In 2014, Phoenix Children's
Hospital launched a 22-bed pediatric unit inside the hospital.
Mercy Gilbert opened in 2006 and has been a vital part of the
growing community. Today it is the fifth largest employer in
Gilbert. During the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016, Mercy Gilbert
provided more than $24 million in community benefit. As a result of
Dignity Health's mission to deliver health care and partner with
the community, more than 42,000 people in the East Valley were
reached through community health services. For more information
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the stroke and sepsis
- Provides for patient/family education in coordination with
- Assists with the coordination of multidisciplinary care for
stroke/sepsis patients in collaboration with physician(s) and
- Insures that all stroke/sepsis care is consistent with current
evidence-based best practice.
- Works with nursing and ancillary directors to implement formal
and informal education and training regarding stroke/sepsis
- Provides clinical resources and consultation to staff regarding
stroke/septic patients with clinical complex needs.
- Analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends,
morbidity and mortality.
- Provide administrative support
- Assists with coordination of performance improvement program
initiatives, including outcome evaluations and action
- Participates in operational aspects of primary stroke
accreditation. Assists with the achieving of sepsis bundle.
Maintains/participates in performance improvement activities for
- Completes chart reviews and assists with data collection to
comply with stroke accreditation guidelines.
- Provides up-to-date compliance reporting to
neuroscience/Stroke/Sepsis Program manager
- Systematically collects statistical data information to
identify trends for benchmarking and performance improvement
establishing standards and evaluating outcomes. Monitors trends and
ensures positive patient outcomes.
- Maintain Personal and Professionl responsibility
- Helps to coordinate community education for healthcare
professionals, EMS and the community at large.
- Works with Neuroscience leadership in promotion and marketing
of the stroke and sepsis program.
- Represents and promotes stroke services to hospital staff,
volunteers, patients and visitors through a positive attitude and
effective communication skills.
- Responsible for maintaining stroke program in compliance with
Joint Commission/ASA standards. Assist with compliance and
achievement of sepsis bundle.
Minimum of five years nursing experience, including care of
stroke patients. Working knowledge of performance improvement,
licensure and accreditation requirements.
Graduate of an accredited RN school of nursing. BSN
BLS (AHA Only)
ACLS (AHA Only)
Demonstrates good capacity for teaching, organizing, planning
and development. Strong interpersonal communication and customer
Keywords: Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, Gilbert , Stroke Coordinator, Other , GILBERT, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!