Shift Lead, Hair Color Bar
As the Madison Reed Hair Color Bar Shift Lead, you will be
responsible for ensuring the client experience is seamless from
arrival to departure. This role is important to our team members
performance and clients' Hair Color Bar experience. The Shift Lead
is the expert on Madison Reed, including consultations, color
services, hair care products, unlimited roots membership program
and subscriptions while providing services to Hair Color Bar
clients and leading the team.
What you'll do:
- Actively work in the Hair Color Bar providing all color service
offerings including but not limited to all over color, roots
treatment, roots and gloss treatment, balayage highlights and
toning glaze treatment.
- Perform additional services as needed, such as, consultations,
shampoo and blowout services, and as well as retail product
- Engages with clients to deliver a distinct and delightful
client experience resulting in future client engagement with the
Hair Color Bar.
- Lead the team, at times without the Manager, by managing and
guiding the team.
- Coach and develop team members to ensure the highest level of
team culture, client satisfaction and Hair Color Bar
- Support as needed front-end operations while adhering to all
company standard operating procedures, including but not limited to
buy online pick up in store and assisting clients with their retail
- Generate incremental revenue for the Hair Color Bar by building
the service order through additional services, sales of unlimited
roots memberships, subscriptions, hair care and home hair care
products and accessories.
- Utilize all Madison Reed systems to efficiently manage the
business and drive retail and service sales, including service
capacity, digital waitlist and buy online pick up in store.
- Exhibit sales and service behaviors in all interactions and
communications with clients.
- Regularly achieve and exceed daily, weekly, and monthly sales
- Demonstrate a positive and cooperative approach towards
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and Holidays as needed.
Who you are:
- 1+ years of operational management experience, with 2+ years'
experience working in a service-oriented business.
- Based on state requirements, Cosmetology/Hairdressing license
required hours completed to perform hair color services.
- Outstanding communication, problem solving & troubleshooting
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to
- Computer skills and POS (Point of Sale) system experience are
Big on Benefits
The Perks? Glad you asked...
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 100% Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Participation
- Continuing Education Contributions
- HSA Employer Contributions and FSA Options
- Parental Leave Program
- Paid Time Off
- Complimentary Madison Reed Products + Discounts on Hair Color
- Company sponsored events
- But wait, there's more
While performing the duties of this position, team members will
regularly stand/walk for 4 consecutive hours or more at a time;
regularly bend and twist at the waist, manipulate fingers and
hands, bend wrists and arms, reach with hands and arms, speak, see,
hear, and lift/move up to 3 pounds. May on occasion sit, kneel,
stoop, crouch, and lift/push/pull up to 20 pounds.
We are Madison Reed.
We're disrupting a $50 billion industry.
Since 2013, we've offered our clients the option to truly own
their beauty with a revolutionary choice-your place or ours? Home
or Hair Color Bar? Our professional hair color is truly
omnichannel, with the option to order or subscribe through our
website, pick up in-store at our Hair Color Bars, or make an
appointment at one of our Hair Color Bar locations (over 20 &
growing). At our Hair Color Bars, clients can choose from a variety
of color services from licensed cosmetologists-permanent hair
color, roots only, hair gloss, highlights and more. With our men's
line launched in 2020, we're shaking up the $50 billion hair care
industry with products that continue to raise the bar for doing
hair at home.
We live our values.
Here at our San Francisco headquarters and in every Hair Color
Bar, we truly live our values-Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility,
and Trust. Our values inform everything we do, from how we treat
our clients to how we treat every member of our fast-growing team.
Our founder & CEO, Amy Errett, has fostered a one-of-a-kind culture
based on transparency, accountability, and fun; where diversity and
inclusion are of utmost importance and every team member feels
supported to succeed.
We are hair color that breaks the rules.
Our commitment to the ultimate client experience, paired with
our dedication to product innovation and the latest beauty
technology, has attracted a devoted, consistently-growing base of
fans, converts, and color evangelists. We love what we do-and it
Join us in our mission to live life colorfully and make personal
care more personal.
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes
directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited
resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies
and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for
any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed
to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our team
members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other
protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us
unique or different. As a company, we are dedicated to reflecting
the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in the
communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from
the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse