AWS Software Engineer Senior - Hybrid
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Software Engineer Senior
for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
The candidate selected for this position will work with the Managed
Foundation Pipeline Team in USAA's Enterprise Data & Analytics
Office. The candidates will work on building and supporting data
pipelines. Candidates will work with AWS products and services such
as S3, EC2, VPCs, AWS Security, EKS, Lambda, SQS.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA ITOur
most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million
members who rely on us every day.We're proud of USAA's strong
history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's
why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking
technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And
why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team.
With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to
continue learning and growing.Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. - -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
across many technologies to tie together existing systems and
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues by directing
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors' engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and
maintenance of systems; Review teammates' code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand,
identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solutionMinimum
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and
generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by
troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and
secure system fundamentalsWhen you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred experience:
- Strong experience developing and supporting data delivery
pipelines or data movement techniques/patterns with deep knowledge
on data movement integrity controls and data quality.
- Cloud experience with AWS products and services such as S3,
EC2, VPCs, AWS Security, EKS, Lambda, SQS
- API and/or UI Development ExperienceThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$106,800 - $192,300* Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Gilbert , AWS Software Engineer Senior - Hybrid, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!