Sr. Principal Systems Engineer- Top Secret Clearance Required (Satellite/Space Systems)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Create and manage system requirements, specifications and
the requirements verification data base. Negotiate requirements
with the customer. Plan the verification program. Develop CONOPS.
Perform System Analysis. Implement changes to system and subsystem
architecture models and run existing models and simulations to
assess system performance.Job Responsibilities:
- Creates system requirements and manages requirement changes in
the Requirements Management databases under self direction using
established guidelines for a large project.
- Manages original and revised specification/interface definition
documents for a large project.
- Creates, and manages and approves the requirements verification
methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the
system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system
- Creates and modifies project level management tracking
- Directs and supports proposal-writing efforts or authors
sections/volumes for Systems Engineering for a project.
- Provides data to and manages risk management (identifies
potential risks and develops mitigation strategies) and trade study
processes for a significant portion of a project.
- Creates and manages changes to Functional/Logical/Physical
Model of System Architecture descriptions under self direction
using established guidelines.
- Creates and manages System Representations under self direction
using established guidelines.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board
participation. Provide program management office and mission
- Leads a team for system design, analyses, interface
verification, testing, major failure/anomaly resolution or mission
- Leads the creation of and manages changes to system or
subsystem analytical models under self direction using established
- Leads development of system and subsystem architectures(s),
system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical
interfaces (internal and external).
- Leads and directs the testing and/or evaluation/validation of
complete system and subsystem analytical models or actual system
- Directs and Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models
and simulations to collect data under self direction using
- Leads, prepares and presents system engineering materials
during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review,
Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System
Verification Review and other formal program reviews.
- Leads and prepares trade studies, system sensitivity studies,
design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system
design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission
analysis and timelines and conops development.
- Provides IPT leadership and primary interface to customer for
System Engineering Activities.
- Performs and manages cost estimates and project planning for a
significant portion of larger project. Acts as CAM and performs
EVMS tracking for a significant portion of a large project.Basic
- BS Degree in Engineering & 9 years experience or Masters in
Engineering & 7 years
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with current or active Top Secret
Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Space Systems knowledge; Understanding of cradle to grave space
mission knowledgePreferred Qualifications:
- Experience as a task/ team lead or role of a cognizant engineer
for a flight component or subsystem
- Experience with system engineering requirement tools (Cradle,
CORE or DOORS) and processes
- Experience in requirements development and management
- Experience in development and maintenance of interface control
documents and related processes
- Experience in space system testing and evaluation (flight and
- Experience with various technical analysis tools such as
MATLAB, STK, MBSE
- Experience in any of the following areas is also desired:
orbital mechanics, orbital debris modeling, spacecraft attitude
control, power systems and modeling, avionics or digital
electronics design, risk analysis, optics, communications, rocket
propulsion, thermal engineering, or spacecraft integration and
- Experience with Mission Operations for spacecraft
- Knowledge of Launch Vehicles, System Safety, System
Reliability, Contamination Control, EMI, Space Environments
(Radiation, Surface Charging, etc.), and Human Factors is also
- Experience and/or training in project scheduling Earned Value
Management Systems#AZSpaceSalary Range: $108,600 USD - $163,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Gilbert , Sr. Principal Systems Engineer- Top Secret Clearance Required (Satellite/Space Systems), Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!