Reverse Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: Amerifirst Financial
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionWant to be a part of a dynamic company and team?
We are Looking for Candidates who are sharp, hungry and want to
grow to the next level with us! AmeriFirst Financial is Looking for
you!** Compensation Plan commensurate with Experience****
Approved/Active Mortgage Loan Originator License Required with NMLS
one of these states listed:AZ, MA, NH, CA, FL, GA, SC, CO, NV and
TNExecutive Summary of Position:Amerifirst Financial, Inc. is
involved in all aspects of retail mortgage lending and works to
provide borrowers, local realtors, and others in the mortgage and
real estate industry with a comprehensive selection of loan
products and uncomprised service at competitive rates. The Reverse
Mortgage Specialist is primarily responsible for attracting new
reverse mortgage loan applications by developing and maintaining
business relationships within the community, with realtors,
referral partners and borrowers. The Reverse Mortgage Specialist
creates business opportunities through networking, inside and
outside sales, leads are also provided.Essential Duties:
- Take thorough and complete loan applications; analyze and
prequalify applicant to determine viability of the client's desired
- Pull and analyze client's credit. Correct any inaccuracies and
determine the correct loan options for the borrower based upon the
applicant's present situation, future goals, and desired loan
- Gather all initial documentation required based upon the
applicant's selected loan program and ensure the 1003 including all
disclosure requirements are all signed by borrower.
- Update job knowledge, including but not limited to all
agencies, FNMA,FHLMC, HUD, VA, and regulations, by participating in
educational opportunities; reading professional publications;
maintaining personal networks; participating in professional
- Work closely with Loan Processor, and Loan Officer Assistant as
applicable, to ensure all needed documentation is obtained as the
loan moves through the loan process.
- Adheres to all applicable state and federal laws and/or
regulations including, but not limited to, the Real Estate
Settlement Procedures Act, Truth-in-Lending Act, Fair Housing Act,
Dodd Frank, and any related state mortgage banking laws, as well
as, the rules and ethics of the mortgage banking industry and
- Adheres to AFI's Marketing and Advertisement policies and
- Provides on-going communication to clients and business
partners throughout the loan process
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with business
referral sources, existing and prospective.
- Maintains an active pipeline of a minimum of 10 loans after
initial 90 days of employment with Amerifirst.
- Represents Amerifirst Financial in a professional manner at all
times adhering to all company policies. Other Duties:
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Participate by example through sharing of knowledge and skill
to promote a positive team work environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Reporting of potential or actual violations of such policies,
practices and procedures to Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.Education,
Knowledge, skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Mortgage Loan Originator License is required (Successful
completion of 20-Hour S.A.F.E Act training and successful
completion of National EXAM (NMLS))
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in finance, business
administration or related field, from a four-year college or
university is preferred and one or two years of industry- related
experience and/or training is required. A combination of equivalent
education and industry-related experience is acceptable.
- Familiarity with FNMA/FHLMC, FHA/VA guidelines and
understanding of all facets involved in real estate transactions as
well as federal and state compliance regulations.
- Language skill required is ability to read, analyze, and
interpret general business periodicals, professional journals or
governmental regulations. Ability to write business correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Computer skill required is that of basic personal computing
including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics,
etc. experience with Encompass 360 LOS is preferred but not
required. Disclosure:Amerifirst Financial provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Amerifirst Financial complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities.This job description is not
intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible
duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties,
responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this
position as the need arises and/or management requires.
Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to
compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and
relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: the Bank
Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.
Keywords: Amerifirst Financial, Gilbert , Reverse Mortgage Loan Originator, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!