Treatment Counselor - Red Rock
Posted on: August 6, 2022
GIVE HOPE TO SOMEONE IN YOUR CARE!
DISCOVER CORECIVIC, GREAT PAY & BENEFITS
NOW OFFERING SIGN ON BONUS AND HIGHER PAY RATES
At CoreCivic , we do more than manage inmates, we care for people.
CoreCivic is currently seeking Treatment Counselor who has a
passion for making lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we
set the standards of care in the industry.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
* Interviews and assesses prospective program participants, and
gathers data using appropriate screening and assessment
instruments. Establishes rapport with participants and determines
individual and group needs based on results of screening and
assessment instruments and other collateral sources.
* Facilitates individual and group treatment interventions, in
accordance with CoreCivic partner agencies, and prevailing state
regulations, statutes, policies and procedures. Uses standardized
offender assessment information in developing treatment plans or
* Facilitates participant engagement in the treatment process,
promoting positive attitudes, skills, coping mechanisms to
encourage on-going recovery. Plans participant incentives and uses
appropriate therapeutic tools to manage behavioral issues or
* Maintains the confidentiality of clinical files for each
participant to include, but not limited to, intake documents,
assessment(s), and interview(s), treatment plan, treatment plan
reviews, progress notes, discharge summary, and referrals,
according to written protocols and in compliance with prevailing
laws and regulation(s).
* Documents and tracks treatment plans, monitors inmate progress
and reviews status of inmates/residents to verify that treatment
and therapeutic programs are completed.
* Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or a
closely related field is required.
* One (1) year of experience in the mental health or substance use
counseling field is required.
* Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the
educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
* Where applicable, must possess appropriate
* A valid driver's license is required.
* Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Gilbert , Treatment Counselor - Red Rock, Other , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!