Sr. Principal Electronics Engineer - Space Systems
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.At
Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact
people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.
Our work preserves freedom and democracy, advances human discovery
and improves our understanding of the universe. We look for people
who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join
efforts to invent the future while having fun along the way. Our
culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and
bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable
commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are
not only part of history, they're making history.Northrop Grumman
Tactical Space Systems is looking for an Principal Electronics
Engineer i our Gilbert, AZ facility.Job Responsibilities
- Develops Test Procedures and Performs Functional Testing on
Satellites and Electronic Hardware. Job Knowledge/Technical Skills
- Broad understanding and application of electrical engineering
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other
related disciplines. Prepares and presents electrical engineering
materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - With minimal guidance, studies
basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems.
Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon
heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Develop and oversee
test programs as needed to evaluate components and systems.
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of
an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or
actual system implementation.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate, with
supervision, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and
- Analysis and Design - Based on specific stated objectives,
performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs,
components, or functional systems of company products.
- Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit,
component, or system level design or analytical models under
direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Peer Review/Oversight - Provides formal peer review of simple
engineering designs or analyses for less experienced
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components,
equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment,
facilities, component s, products, and systems for commercial,
industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Software development skills, including analysis, design,
implementation, and debugging.
- Test procedure and script development and support for satellite
level systemsBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM
discipline and 8 years of Engineering experience OR a Master's
Degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM discipline and 6
years of Engineering experience; years with a PhD
- Must be able to support multiple shifts when needed
- U.S Citizenship required and must have an ability to obtain an
DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- Excellent writing skillsPreferred Qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience working in a Test Engineering environment
- Experience with Python, Perl, Bash and Labview.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Aerospace industry experience Salary Range: $1 USD - $1 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Gilbert , Sr. Principal Electronics Engineer - Space Systems, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!