Posted on: September 23, 2022
Positions Open: 11
Site Name: Ray Mine
Site Location: Kearny, US-AZ, 85237
Entry level position for the Ray Mine Concentrator Operations
working an 8 hour rotating shift as a Concentrator Laborer.
This position will be promoted to the Crusher Helper position: Safe
and efficient cleanup and operation of equipment in the Crusher
area with minimal supervision in a productive and safe manner and
performance of duties of the next higher position in the line of
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS- CONCENTRATOR LABORER
- Safely and efficiently operate the six (6) ore processing
circuits at the Concentrator and Primary Crusher.
- Operate equipment including overhead cranes, loaders, bobcats
- Inspects, cleans, operates and maintains equipment such as
crushers, conveyers, grinding mills, rock hoppers, feeders, screen
decks, hydrocyclones, flotation equipment, filtration equipment,
slurry pumps, slurry thickening equipment, dust suppression
systems, trommel screens and tailings equipment.
- Use of general hand tools including crescent wrenches, socket
wrenches, air impact wrenches, allen wrenches, screw drivers, ball
pen hammer, shovel, channel locks, nylon and wire cable
- Work is usually performed as part of a crew. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS- CRUSHER HELPER
- Be proficient in the operation of the Crusher
- Assist maintenance during mechanical down time.
- Perform necessary cleanup in assigned areas.
- Operate necessary heavy equipment to clean around the
- Perform assigned duties in Concentrator when time permits.
- Works safely around moving equipment while using required
- Pre-operational check and servicing of all assigned mobile
- Use small front end loader for cleanup when needed.
- Reset metal detector when kicks out.
- Pick wood from letter belts safely.
- Un-choke crushers and chutes, and dig out overloaded
- Operation of dust scrubbers.
- Dump ore cars.
- Operation and checking of crusher oil re circulating
- Awareness of environmentally sensitive areas and correct
problems that may develop in the assigned area.
- Keep foreman informed of any problems affecting assigned work.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to physically perform light to heavy work over extended
periods of time, often under unfavorable working condition and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructional and procedural
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Math skills with ability to compute rate, ratios, and
percentage and interpret graphs and charts. EDUCATION AND
- HS Diploma or GED, AND
- 1 year continuous employment as an operator at a metallic ore
processing facility preferred, OR
- 1 year certification from a college or technical school
- 2 years continuous employment with a construction, production,
or manufacturing facility preferred. ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of
- This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety
& Health awareness including completion of the appropriate OSHA
and/or MSHA training.
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles
northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and
encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of
their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO, Gilbert , Crusher Helper, Other , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!