Maintenance Repairman B-Diesel Electric Mechanic
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Positions Open: 12
Site Name: Ray Mine
Site Location: Kearny, US-AZ, 85237
Perform all maintenance activities and tasks including shop and
field preventive and predictive maintenance on mobile and
stationary mining equipment, light vehicles, support and auxiliary
- Rebuild mine or construction equipment components such as power
train components, final drive components, brakes, suspension
- Troubleshoot and repair mine and support equipment in the
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic systems used on mine
- Diagnose and repair 12/24 volt electrical systems.
- Diagnose and repair propulsion and retarding electrical systems
on mine diesel electric haulage and loading equipment such as
Komatsu 830E / Liebherr T282B haul trucks and LeTourneau L2350 &
L1100 loaders or similar equipment and systems.
- Diagnose and repair air and hydraulic brake systems on mining,
construction or similar equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair Cat, Cummins, Detroit, and MTU diesel
- Correctly and legibly fill out daily repair reports and
describe details of work performed.
- Properly communicate the status of assigned job with the
relieving shift mechanics and shop supervisors.
- Operate the shop computer and use maintenance diagnostic
- Must understand Asarco environmental policies, understand and
practice all safety procedures for work environment and demonstrate
effective communication skills. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and troubleshoot
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals in
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Availability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
(shifts may be rotating, operations are 24/7/365).
- Ability to work in adverse climate/temperature
- Must be able to meet the required tool list for Repairman B.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience, and/or state
- Air Conditioning Certification and experience is a plus.
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles
northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool/vanpool program and
encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of
their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO, Gilbert , Maintenance Repairman B-Diesel Electric Mechanic, Other , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!