Electric Vehicle Mechanic
Company: ZEVX, Inc
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Description Company: ZEVx, Inc. Role: Electric Vehicle
Mechanic Responsible to: Director, Service Partnerships Purpose:
Provide technical support for ZEVx's Authorized Distributor
Partners (ADP's) and Authorized Services Partners (ASP's) in
assigned geographies. Location: Remote with travel (-75%) to
partner sites and Gilbert Corporate office (-25%). Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to the
- Serve as the lead EV mechanic in the training, certification,
and on-going support of our Service Partners.
- Provide onsite Quality Control for ZEVx provided materials and
communicate any discrepancies to ZEVx System Engineer while
assisting in solution generation.
- Collaborate directly with the ZEVx System Engineer and Software
Consultants to provide technical support for current and potential
- Generate and maintain close on open interaction with Service
and Distribution partners to assist in proactive solutions and
product offering creation within ZEVx.
- On occasion may be required to travel on short notice for
service repairs of customer assets.
- Create Work Instructions and other supporting ZEVx
documentation & materials to ensure our Services Partners are
- Serve as the subject matter expert in assisting with other
documentation deliverables assigned to our Training and
Documentation function e.g., Operator Manual Addendums, First
Responders Guide, Installation Guides, etc.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key
technical stakeholders within partner organizations.
- Provide oversight for the Incoming Vehicle Inspection and
outgoing Vehicle Acceptance processes to assure quality in the
customer experience from our partner network.
- Provide mentoring and support to other technical team members
within the Service and Support organization.
- All necessary tools and PPE will be provided by the
- Installing new vehicle wiring systems, batteries, drive motors,
and other EV components.
- Installing and troubleshooting immobilizer and alarm
- Gathering information from customers about issues with their
- Removing internal combustion IC automotive systems including
engine, transmission, fuel, and exhaust systems.
- Diagnosing electrical issues and proposing a course of
- Repairing and replacing faulty wiring or electrical
- Servicing of electrical automotive parts.
- Maintaining a clean working environment.
- Assisting with training of Authorized Service Providers.
- Document any requested changes using ZEVx collaboration
- Other duties as may be assigned.Candidate Profile Essential
- This is a hands-on position where you will be expected to work
on a vehicles electrical, mechanical, and software systems.
- Experience in providing technical support to internal and
- Comprehensive knowledge of the EV technical landscape and shop
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Strong customer facing skills & excellent organisational
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer and internal
technical support teams.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Desirable
- Domain knowledge of electric vehicle mobility solutions to
include battery technologies, drive motors, and EV performance
- Vehicle programming experience (tuning and optimization with
- Record of success in contribution to delivery process
- OSHA 10 certification (ZEVx will provide certification
- Electric vehicle maintenance and repair experience.
- Automotive diagnostics (CAN, OBDII) and repair experience.
About ZEVx, Inc.ZEVx is an Arizona based Company with deep
engineering roots that strives to be the worldwide leader in
electrification for light and medium duty fleet vehicles. ZEVx's
proprietary powertrain (batteries and drive motor) configuration
and rapid conversion turnaround of existing fleet vehicles will
accelerate EV adoption globally and provide customers the support
infrastructure, fleet management services and knowledge they need
to transform their fleet and quickly meet sustainability goals.
ZEVx's primary mission is to enable EV participation across the
existing automotive and mobility ecosystem and support fleets
through their electrification journey while scaling through
democratized partnerships and making the 'dream' of EV accessible
to all. For more information, visit www.zevx.com. PI196807364
Keywords: ZEVX, Inc, Gilbert , Electric Vehicle Mechanic, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!