Company: Geotemps, Inc. / Geopros, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Safety Coordinator - Florence, Arizona areaLooking for a new
opportunity in Mining Safety?Join a brand new team leading into an
exciting new adventure!Major Arizona mining Company is looking for
an experienced Safety Coordinator to lead the team with training,
monitoring and continuing education. Safety is job #1.
- Review health and safety processes in order to inspect
facilities to ensure compliance with Company requirements and all
applicable local, state, and federal requirements.
- Lead OSHA and State Mine Inspector visits, monitor and assess
field activities, review potential violations with Inspectors, and
ensure documentation of all potential violations are completed as
- Review and implement processes for compliance and continually
ensure health and safety of workers at Florence Copper.
- Manage risk assessments to identify and control exposures to
- Perform all health and safety training including accurate
records of each employee's training.
- Calculate pertinent OSHA site statistics and ensure all
regulatory reporting is accomplished.
- Supervise the investigation of and tracking of all accidents,
near misses, and injuries including subsequent implementation of
- Monitor site contractors for compliance with contract health
and safety requirements.
- Provide information and respond to health and safety questions
or concerns from employees, contractors, managers, and the general
- Annual Safety Training evaluation to update presentation
materials to meet regulatory requirements and project the company's
culture and focus.
- Develop new safety training programs and draft Standard
- Health & Safety special projects as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of Health & Safety Experience under OSHA
regulations (preferably in a mining, production, or heavy equipment
- Proven Leadership abilities, including positive and engaging
communication skills to lead training sessions.
- Respond quickly under high pressure situations.
- Create and convey verbal and written work and safety-related
instructions and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with respect to job assignments, job
procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- CURRENT OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition
- Onsite position in a mine and manufacturing plant setting
- Work conditions may include exposure to extremes in temperature
and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock,
toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes, or airborne particles.
- Duties of this job require the employee to regularly required
to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and
ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects
up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work
in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including
hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and
as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing,
gloves, and any other protective equipment as required.
- Company promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through
the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going
random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws.
- The Company has reviewed the jobs at this site and determined
that this job requires employees to perform essential job functions
that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees
performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has
designated this position as safety sensitive.
Keywords: Geotemps, Inc. / Geopros, Inc., Gilbert , Safety Coordinator, Other , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!