Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Positions Open: 4
Site Name: Ray Mine
Site Location: Kearny, US-AZ, 85237
To maintain a safe workplace by supporting and enforcing company's
safety rules, safe work practices, inspect, clean, repair, install
wiring and maintain electrical equipment, service lines,
substations, and other electrical equipment.
- Uses blueprints and wiring diagrams in installing and
maintaining electrical equipment.
- Dismantles, cleans, replaces worn or broken parts, rebuilds and
tests electronic controls, motors, generators, transmission lines,
control panels, rectifiers, etc., using hand, power and test
- Inspects and adjusts electrical equipment on a pre-arranged
schedule to assure proper operating condition.
- Test, splice and vulcanize cables, using vulcanizer, blowtorch
and fire pot.
- Diagnoses cause of faulty operation and makes necessary repairs
to keep equipment downtime to a minimum.
- Performs work on power lines and poles as required.
- Installs conduit, fittings, switches, controls and fixtures for
new installations or replacements.
- Performs simple rigging as required.
- Writes daily report in logbook of works performed and condition
- Keeps equipment and working area in a clean and orderly
- Obeys all safety rules performing all work in a safe and
workman like manner.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to
describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not
be construed as a detailed description of the work requirements
that may be inherent in the job.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, hacksaws,
voltmeter, hammers, line splicing tools, belt, hooks, ampere
meters, circuit testers, hand line and blocks, and other related
tools and equipment including mobile.
MATERIALS USED: Cable, electric wire, conduit, insulators,
substation equipment, electric motors, equipment repair parts, and
other related materials.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- The worker is required to wear a Respirator.
- Ability to attend work regularly and work rotating shifts and
rotating days off.
- The physical requirements of the position are considered Heavy
Work: Exerting up to 80 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to
50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
- Ability to perceive the nature of sounds with no less than a
40db loss @ 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz, and 3,000 Hz with or
- Ability to communicate by means of hand signals.
- The ability to work in conditions of extreme heat, extreme
cold, vibration, chemicals (airborne and/or skin exposure, high
noise levels, confined spaces, heights.
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs,
ramps, and the like with agility.
- Ability to kneel or work in cramped positions.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 4 years in electrical maintenance in heavy industry,
exposure to large mining equipment is a plus.
- Must have own tools.
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles
northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and
encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of
their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Gilbert , Electrician, Other , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!