Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Positions Open: 6
Site Name: Ray Mine
Site Location: Kearny, US-AZ, 85237
The duties and responsibilities of a laborer are all geared toward
maintaining a clean, safe, and efficient mine site while also
supporting the overall project. The list of duties and
responsibilities for a laborer on any given day may include the
- Cleaning and preparing construction sites.
- Loading and unloading materials and equipment.
- Building and taking down scaffolding and temporary
- Digging trenches, compacting earth, and backfilling holes.
- Operating and tending machinery and heavy equipment.
- Following instructions from supervisors and implementing
- Assisting skilled tradespeople in their duties
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and understand direction clearly
- Ability to meet the physical demands in a challenging work
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing consensus
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have High School Diploma or General Education Degree
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of
- This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety
& Health awareness including completion of the appropriate OSHA
and/or MSHA training.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles
northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and
encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of
their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Gilbert , Laborer, Other , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!