SXEW Field Mechanic A
Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Positions Open: 3
Site Name: Ray Mine
Site Location: Kearny, US-AZ, 85237
To inspect, troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and
structural parts in shop and field environment.
Tools and Equipment Used
Electric and air drills, grinders, overhead crane, welding and
cutting equipment, water and air hoses and repairman's hand
- Interprets engineering drawings, sketches, work orders, and
- Installs, dismantles, repairs, fabricates, lubricates,
maintains structures and installs machinery and parts as
- Performs minor welding, cutting and burning as required.
- Inspects and cleans machinery on pre-arranged schedule.
- Obtains necessary materials and parts to repair equipment.
- Loads and unloads material and parts to repair equipment.
- Reports any malfunction of machinery to foreman.
- Keeps equipment and working areas in a clean and orderly
- Records information relative to works as necessary.
- Five years' experience as a "B" Mechanic.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- Must possess necessary hand tools to perform requirements of
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects, climb and stand for
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles
northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool / bus
program and encourage employees to participate. Employees save more
than 50% of their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just
enjoying the view.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the safest, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that they work
within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for
medical, prescription, dental, vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Gilbert , SXEW Field Mechanic A, Other , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!