Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Facility: FLORENCE WEST CORRECTIONAL & REHABILITATION FACILITY
Bonus (if applicable):
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more)
will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized
workforce with options for you and your family including:
--- Paid time off * Paid holidays * 401(k)
* 401(k) matching * Health Insurance * Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance * Life Insurance * Flexible spending account
* Health savings account * Tuition Reimbursement * Reduced tuition
* Employee discount * Employee assistance program * Pet
* Disability Insurance * Paid training * Other benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity or to advance
your career in criminal justice, corrections, or security, look no
further because The GEO Group is hiring motivated individuals
seeking their next opportunity. No experience is necessary and paid
on-the-job training is provided. Just come with a willingness to
learn and a desire to help others and you will fit right in as part
of this growing team of professionals. As a Correctional Officer,
you will be responsible for overseeing and caring for inmates at
your facility while ensuring that the rules, policies, and
procedures are applied fairly and consistently.
Why work for GEO:
We're on a mission to provide high-quality rehabilitation and
community reintegration services. GEO is a place for professional
growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal
relationships. If you're interested in achieving extraordinary
things, send in your application and join a community that
In this job, you will:
- Supervise and monitor inmates in living, recreation, dining,
and visitation areas.
- Coordinate their movement (conducting counts and providing
emergency response as needed).
- Make sure program activities stay safe and supervise labor
- Conduct shakedowns for contraband materials (by yourself or
with your team) and confiscate prohibited items as per policies and
- Keep daily logs on inmates (including disciplinary
- Provide prompt and appropriate assistance to those who have
been injured, ill, or have suffered trauma.
- Report any maintenance or repair needs to keep your facility
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to
their maximum potential is the center of GEO's employee value
proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and
the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds.
Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here's to unlimited ideas,
increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral
sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Must possess valid state AZ driver's license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and possess a high tolerance to
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Gilbert , CORRECTIONAL OFFICER, Other , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!