Control Systems Repairman
Company: Asarco LLC
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Positions Open: 2Site Name: Ray MineSite Location: Kearny,
US-AZ, 85237 POSITION OVERVIEW Safely maintain, install,
troubleshoot and repair instrumentation and control equipment
throughout a mining, milling and leaching-electro wining operation.
- Day to day responsibilities and expectations.
- Perform maintenance and repair activities on all types of
instrumentation and control equipment both indoors and out with
outdoor duties subject to prevailing weather conditions.
- Fill-in supervisory duties as needed including job planning,
supervision of field electricians and timekeeping entry.
- Record keeping and filing of required documents.
- Utilize requisitioning using computerized Warehouse system.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ladder logic programming and troubleshooting using the
Allen-Bradley RSLogix family of programming software.
- HMI project development and modification using the
Allen-Bradley RSView family of developmental software.
- Data transfer via Serial, Data Highway +, Control Net and
- Through knowledge of measurement and control instrumentation
equipment used in industrial process control including:
temperature, level, pressure, flow, density, particle size, Ph/ORP,
conductivity, and material weight instruments.
- Proficient in reading and understanding instrument loop
diagrams, instrument data/spec sheets and PID diagrams.
- Trough knowledge of repair, testing and calibration of
electrical, pneumatic and electro-hydraulic control valves.
- Dead-weight bench testing and calibration of pressure
- VFD drives..
- AC to DC rectifiers.
- Low voltage control systems.
- Fiber optics.
- Proficient in the safe use of a variety of test equipment used
for the proper calibration, setup and diagnostics of process
- Blueprint reading, one-line power and control diagrams,
mechanical math skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year experience in maintenance and installation of process
instrumentation in a mining or heavy industry environment
- Accredited apprenticeship or formal vocational training in the
- High school diploma or GED certificate. ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH &
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of
- This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety
& Health awareness including completion of the appropriate OSHA
and/or MSHA training. A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First."
The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve
their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and
environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and
health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the
Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and
effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety
systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring
that s/he works within all required safety procedures and
processes. ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates
must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of
employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background
check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen. ASARCO
LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
match. The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70
miles northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool
program and encourage employees to participate. Employees save more
than 50% of their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just
enjoying the view. PI207653681
Keywords: Asarco LLC, Gilbert , Control Systems Repairman, Other , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...