Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Positions Open: 1 Site Name: Ray Mine Site Location: Kearny,
US-AZ, 85237Position Title: Metallurgical Engineer Position
Overview: Reporting to the Metallurgical General Supervisor of the
Metallurgical Lab, the position's primary responsibility will be at
the Leaching and L-SX-EW Operations with some oversite from time to
time at the Milling and Flotation Operations. The position will
also be responsible for evaluating process data, metallurgical
testing and continuous process improvement on the milling,
flotation or the SXEW plant. Position Responsibilities: Analyze
LSXEW or Concentrator performance by calculating reagent use,
sampling process stream, checking the mill circuit, flotation
circuit, inspecting process controls, and analyzing performance.
This position requires the following:
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Capable of training and development of plant operators.
- Able to analyze and determine correctness of daily
- Conduct metallurgical accounting for the plants; and
- Develop and implement optimization and cost reduction
strategies on plant consumables.
- Ensure that work practices within the concentrator, filter
plant, and tailings areas, and L-SX-EW areas comply with company,
local, state, and federal safety, and environmental standards.
- Able to account, track and predict copper recovered from
Leaching pads. Experience in solution mining techniques.
- Conduct and interpret daily break time tests, mixer
optimization for extraction efficiencies and provide
recommendations to operations based on these results.
- Interact with workforce and Human Resources, Purchasing,
Accounting, etc., to ensure compliance with established company
- Assist in training and mentoring of junior metallurgical
engineers in gaining new skills and achieving their full
- Report results from testing and evaluation to Metallurgical
General Supervisor and Metallurgical Manager.
- Substitute as Control Room Supervisor position as needed.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the Metallurgical Technician
job and help out when the need arises
- Responsible for executing, supporting, and enforcing the
Company's Environmental, Health and Safety program as required by
OIS policy, directives, and principles. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Metallurgical, Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial
Engineering as minimum.
- Master's degree in Metallurgical, Chemical, Mechanical or
Industrial Engineering will be preferred.
- Six -7 years of mineral processing experience in operations or
equivalent metallurgical laboratory experience.
- Experience with leaching & SXEW operations and SAG milling and
flotation is required or a willingness to learn such skills in
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and other
metallurgical modeling software.
- Strong background in statistical analysis of process or
experimental data as applied to process improvement or willing to
learn such skill. ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of
- This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety
& Health awareness including completion of the appropriate MSHA
training. A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company
is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts
to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially, and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes. ASARCO
LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a
current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are
contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen. ASARCO LLC offers
an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/
dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other
optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company match. The Ray mine
is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles northeast of
Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and encourage
employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of their
commuting costs while reading, sleeping, or just enjoying the view.
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Gilbert , Metallurgical Engineer, Other , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...