Nutritional Services Aide - IRF PRN
Company: Dignity Rehabilitation Hospital-Gilbert
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritional Services Manager,
the Nutritional Services Aide performs a variety of patient food
service and dish duties. - The Nutrition Services Aide is
responsible for providing excellent customer service while taking
patient menu requests and communicating dietary information for use
by kitchen personnel in the preparation of meals for patients.
Responsible for accurately identifying the patient to ensure they
receive the proper diet and nutritional supplements. Follows diet
manual guidelines, organizational and departmental policies and
procedures. Effectively uses downtime to accomplish departmental
tasks as assigned or recognized.
- Accurately prepares food trays for general and therapeutic
diets and prepares special diet foods as necessary. - Verifies
trays for accuracy.
- Prepares and delivers items, such as trays or snacks, as
requested by patient care units or patients.
- Deliver/collect daily menus and assist patients with
- Record meal intakes of patients
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner and
puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Collect soiled trays and utensils from dining room tables and
transport them to dish washing area.
- Wash dishes, clean equipment, wipe off dining room and
worktables, clean utensils, pots and pans; mop floors in dietary as
schedule and as necessary.
- Clean and maintain kitchen, storage areas and food preparation
equipment. Wash, sanitize, and store trays, dishes and
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives
that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or
improve the work environment
- Use meal program to enter new patients and adjust diet orders
- Set up serving line with cold foods, condiments, serving
containers, dishes, silverware, etc. according to the menus and as
- Stock and store food items Maintain a level of food and
supplies adequate for the next meal and assist in inventorying and
storing incoming foods and supplies
- Follow HAACP guidelines. (Temps, dating, etc---)
- Report hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and
incidents, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior food service or customer service experience
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and great
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent
organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and
simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of
quality and productivity.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under
Keywords: Dignity Rehabilitation Hospital-Gilbert, Gilbert , Nutritional Services Aide - IRF PRN, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!