Principal Systems Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: June 15, 2019
The successful candidate will independently perform tasks
associated with the development, change control, maintenance and
verification of Spacecraft requirements. They will work under
general direction, with work being reviewed at completion to ensure
that objectives are met. This position requires the frequent
interaction with cross discipline engineering staff and outside
customers regarding difficult technical or contractual requirement
related issues. Additional activities and responsibilities may
include the following:
- Develop and/or create model based systems engineering
- Revise and manage both original and revised
specification/interface definition document and expedites documents
through signature approval process.
- Modify management tracking reports for a variety of systems
engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design
- May also be required to support proposal-writing efforts for
- Provide data to risk management (identifies potential risks)
and trade study processes.
- Implement changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of
System Architecture under limited direction.
- Create Technical Resource Budgets.
- Participate and/or coordinate Configuration Control Board
- Supports system design, analyses, interface verification,
testing, failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations under
- Implements and manages changes to system or subsystem
analytical models under minimal direction and of more experienced
- Implements system architectures(s) that capture the system
logical/functional views and captures the system physical view -
system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and
- Support the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more
components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual
- Run existing system or subsystem analytical models and
simulations to collect data while under direction and support of
more experienced engineers.
- Attend and prepare materials to support system engineers during
System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary
Design Review, Critical Design Review and other reviews as
- Support trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design
optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design
assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and
timelines and conops development.
- BS in Engineering & 5 years of experience or a Master's Degree
in Engineering & 3 years of experience
- 3+ years of experience with the development, change control,
maintenance and verification of Spacecraft or Launch Vehicle
- Additional experience is expected to include several items
listed in the list of additional job responsibilities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Gilbert , Principal Systems Engineer, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!