Manufacturing Supervisor - Electronic Component Work Center
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 8, 2019
Supervisory or management responsibilities for more than one
functional area in
Responsible for daily operations of a team or work unit (direct
supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day
workflow, and operating costs).
- Partners with Program Management, Design Engineers, Quality,
and Supply Chain to drive manufacturing to achieve Cost, Schedule
and Quality goals.
- Monitors work operations of exempt and/or non-exempt employees
on a daily basis and actively assists or provides direction to
subordinates as required
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Monitors daily operations of one or more work centers and
actively assists, or provides direction to, subordinates as
- Accountable for deriving daily/weekly/program goals;
monitoring, reporting, and enforcing metrics to achieve goals.
- Creating return to green recovery schedule to address
- Hires, supervises, evaluates, and replaces staff as required to
ensure performance objectives are met/exceeded. Experience in Self
Directed Work Teams (SDWT) a plus.
- Maintains a high degree of leadership and supervisory skills
including: Developing and training teammates so they are prepared
to assume positions of increasing responsibilities; evaluate
teammates annually and as required providing feedback to perform
better; Hold shift Production meetings (SQDEC) to drive Safety,
Quality, Delivery, Employee, and Cost.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues with robust
root-cause and corrective action. Preferred Lean Six Sigma Green or
This position of General Manager will be an integral part of
developing a continuous improvement mindset in the department. The
General Manager will be responsible for advancing the continuous
improvement (CI) culture through the utilization and administration
of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies with a major emphasis on Lean.
Responsibilities include: teaching, mentoring, and execution,
leading and coaching of projects, focusing on delivering business
results and building competency in Lean tools and methods.
- Bachelor's degreein Management, Manufacturing, Engineering or
relatedfield, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Experience using MES ERP system or iBase-t Solumina is strongly
desired. Authoring of work plans and test instructions
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)/ Integrated
Cost and Schedule (ICAS); Schedule Performance Index (SPI); Cost
Performance Index (CPI).
- Knowledge of TipQA, Windchill, MES, COGNOS, Microsoft Project,
Costpoint, and CREOView preferred.
- Familiarity/ Certification in NASA Standard 8739.1 (polymeric)
and NASA Standard 8739.4 (Cable, Harness, & Crimp). Familiarity/
Certification in MIL-STD-001 and IPC 610 (Soldering). Working
knowledge of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA), Printed Wiring Boards
(PWB), and mechanics of removal and replacement of tuning
components such as capacitors, transistors, and diodes.
- Experience with other surface mount and through-hole
- Ability to write work instructions and enable the manufacturing
engineering team to construct better work instructions.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Gilbert , Manufacturing Supervisor - Electronic Component Work Center, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!