Mortgage Disclosure Specialist
Company: Amerifirst Financial
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Executive Summary of Position:
The Disclosure Specialist is responsible for auditing, verifying
and ensuring that mortgage loan disclosures are accurate and comply
with regulation timelines. The Specialist will liaison with Branch
Production and Processing team members as necessary to validate
fees associated with the applied mortgage transaction and deliver
disclosure documents. Position will work closely with the
Compliance Manager to support daily operations related to the
disclosing process and any additional projects assigned.
- Develop working knowledge of federal and multi-state laws and
agency disclosure guidelines affecting residential mortgage
origination: TILA, REG Z RESPA, ECOA, FACTA, FCRA, MDIA, BSA/AML,
- Develop thorough understanding of company LOS system.
- Review and ensure accuracy and data integrity of required
compliance disclosures at initial application and at time of lock
- Maintains accurate record of communications and/or actions
related to disclosing process in the communication log of the
applicable loan file.
- Provides assistance in the formulation of forms and disclosure
documents in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains efficient levels of service and complies with
regulatory timelines associated with the completion and
dissemination of loan disclosures verified through the recording of
events in LOS tracking system.
- Delivers mortgage loan disclosures in a secure manner.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast paced working
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner at all
- Exercise independent judgment and ability to work
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Report any potential or actual violations of such policies,
practices or procedures to Compliance Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Access and Power
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
skills with the ability to develop working relations with business
associates at a positive level.
- Language skill required includesability to read and comprehend
simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Mathematical skillis that of ability to add, subtract, multiply
and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Computer skill required is that of basic personal computing
including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics,
Amerifirst Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerifirst
Financial complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive
representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or
qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or
qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises
and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes
requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as
is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not
limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA
Keywords: Amerifirst Financial, Gilbert , Mortgage Disclosure Specialist, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!