Company: White Cap
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Manufacture
customized products that meet customer specifications and prepare
completed orders for shipment. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and
- Examines specifications of the customer's order using drawings,
work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the
finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup
- Fabricates work piece as determined by work order
specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule,
calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as
bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to
items being transported.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product
in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with fabrication shop equipment.
- Metal working experience preferred. PRID PRID145 Job Locations
US-AZ-Gilbert Job ID 2021-41698 Business Unit Construction
Industrial WC Functional Area Manufacturing Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Gilbert , Fabricator, Professions , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!