Senior Principal Electrical Engineer (Analog) - Space/Satellite Systems
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Job Description - Senior Principal Electrical Engineer (Analog)
- Space/Satellite Systems (21007291) Senior Principal Electrical
Engineer (Analog) - Space/Satellite Systems Requisition ID :
21007291 Location : United States-Arizona-Gilbert US Citizenship
Required for this Position : Yes Relocation Assistance : Relocation
assistance may be available Clearance Type : None Shift : 1st Shift
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time Job Posting Category Description
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products
and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
-- Senior Principal Electrical Engineer (Analog) duties and
- Design electronic circuits with digital and analog
functionality for spacecraft applications.
- Select components with suitable radiation qualities.
- Interact with other team members and software group to
determine interfaces and operating characteristics.
- Lead the effort to incorporate a wide range of technologies and
design architectures into a variety of Northrop Grumman satellite
- With general direction, plan, prepare and complete all design
and development activities and provide technical oversight to
- Participate in or lead design reviews.
- Work with fabrication team on board layout and build. Define
layout constraints and provide oversight to board layout
- Support board through manufacturing of breadboards, engineering
models, and flight units.
- Select parts, identify alternate parts, and help resolve issues
at the part level.
- Designs avionics systems in assigned area by utilizing standard
engineering and scientific principles. Analysis
- Based on specific stated objectives perform analysis of complex
- Perform all detailed analysis and follow up to assure
compliance with all technical, program and contractual
- Analyzes avionics systems in assigned area by utilizing
standard engineering and scientific principles. Documentation
- Generate documentation and review packages for flight
- Develop performance specification.
- Without detailed direction, decompose system level requirements
and related performance criteria to the avionics box, card and FPGA
level. Test and Support
- Develop a detailed test programs to evaluate avionics in
accordance with stated requirements.
- Test and debug boards. Bench level verification of board
functionality. Work either individually or as part of a team to
develop test procedures and hardware to verify breadboards,
engineering models, and flight units.
- Support delivery of board to box-level assembly, including
testing and debug.
- Provide inputs for technical, cost and schedule
- Participate in pre-proposal cost and technical
- Effectively operate within a multi-discipline engineering
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical
approaches and findings.
- Mentor junior engineers to help them understand design
practices & processes. AZSpace Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or
related STEM field
- Minimum of 9 years of related expereince (7 years with
- Extensive technical expertise, including full knowledge of
other related disciplines.
- Experience developing technical solutions to complex problems
which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Able to perform work without appreciable direction. Comfortable
exercising considerable latitude in determining technical
objectives of assignment.
- Able to create and review designs taking into consideration
long- term company objectives.
- Experience guiding the successful completion of major programs
and may function in a project leadership role.
- Held roles where erroneous decisions or recommendations could
result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Held roles representing a project as the prime technical
including main contracts and subcontracts.
- Experience interacting with senior external personnel on
significant technical matters often requiring coordination between
- Experience with Requirements Verification using DOORS
- Schematic Entry
- Circuit analysis (Worst Case (WCA), Part Stress (PSA), Failure
modes and Effects (FMEA), Signal Integrity (SI), Timing,
- Lab experience that includes testing and working with test
- Solid background and understanding of digital design
- Understanding of mixed signal circuit design
- Familiarity with spaceflight electronics development.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A passion for space and space technology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. What's great about
Northrop Grumman Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual
curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to
work. Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech
solutions that protect the world and shape a better future. Enjoy
benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time
off. Did you know? Many sites have 9/80 days, telework and flexible
scheduling options, plus generous paid time off. Indeed named
Northrop Grumman a top 15 company for work/life balance in 2019. We
were rated #1 by Millennials on Indeed as the Best Company to work
for in 2018. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining
a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship
is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay
Transparency statement, please visit
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Gilbert , Senior Principal Electrical Engineer (Analog) - Space/Satellite Systems, Professions , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!