TSD Material Handler I
Company: Heritage Environmental Services, LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Load, unload, process and store hazardous and nonhazardous waste
materials at a permitted waste treatment facility with
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Ensures Health & Safety are the number one goal by following
policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times,
* Load, unload and process solid and liquid waste safely in
accordance with Company, federal, state and local
* Performs job in a safe manner, following all safety
* Operate a fork truck and Bob Cat with attachments.
* Directs liquid waste through a system of pumps to tanks for
* Perform basic spill cleanup and housekeeping duties as
* Perform chemical compatibility checks to prevent reactions and
* Utilize barcode system equipment to document certain inventory
* Review laboratory data to determine proper handling and disposal
* Use Department of Transportation (DOT) knowledge to match and
label inbound materials for storage and shipping of containers to
* Use proper equipment to remove samples of materials for analysis
and compatibility checks.
* Operate a hydraulic baler for cardboard and other materials.
* Responsible for keeping operating areas. walls pipes and floor in
a clean and safe condition.
* Utilize knowledge of applicable EPA, DOT, OSHA and permit
* Understand Heritage coding and labeling systems to handle and
Position handles hazardous materials and will often require use of
PPE: Boots, Gloves, Suits, Eye/Ear Protection and Respirator
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to company success. That contribution should not be
limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position
description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications
and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just
the work identified. It is Heritage's expectation that each
employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever
necessary to ensure the success of company endeavors.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: 1 year of related experience and 24-40 hour HAZWOPER
Knowledge and Abilities: This is a safety sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function. Basic knowledge of EPA, DOT and
OSHA regulations preferred. Ability to understand general industry
practices. Ability to lift up to 60 pounds. Ability to wear
personal protective equipment, including respirator. Regular and
predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran
Keywords: Heritage Environmental Services, LLC, Gilbert , TSD Material Handler I, Professions , Coolidge, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!