Surgical Scrub Technician FT OrthoArizona Surgery Center Gilbert
Company: United Surgical Partners International, Inc
Posted on: June 20, 2022
OrthoArizona Surgery Center of Gilbert, is seeking a motivated
Surgical Technician to join our team. OrthoArizona Surgery Center
of Gilbert is a fast paced environment committed to providing the
highest quality service to our patients and their families.Job
Summary: Anticipates the needs of the surgical team. Establishes
and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the
operating room.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle,
and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends in-services, conferences, and meetings as
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care
environment.Required Skills:Education and/or Experience: High
School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician Program.
Certification preferable. Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in
Orthopedics.Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense
understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
standardized situations.Other skills and abilities: General
familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and
surgical procedures for an operating room.USPI complies with
federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination
of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be
vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show
proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or
medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an
exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to
submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Inc, Gilbert , Surgical Scrub Technician FT OrthoArizona Surgery Center Gilbert, Professions , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!