Senior Instrument Technician
Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Safely maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair instrumentation
and control equipment throughout a mining, milling and
leaching-electro wining operation.
- Day to day responsibilities and expectations
- Perform maintenance and repair activities on all types of
instrumentation and control equipment both indoors and out with
outdoor duties subject to prevailing weather conditions.
- Fill-in supervisory duties as needed, including job planning,
supervision of field electricians and timekeeping entry.
- Record keeping and filing of required documents.
- Utilize requisitioning using computerized Warehouse system.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ladder logic programming and troubleshooting using the
Allen-Bradley RSLogix family of programming software.
- HMI project development and modification using the
Allen-Bradley RSView family of developmental software.
- Data transfer via Serial, Data Highway +, Control Net and
- Thorough knowledge of measurement and control instrumentation
equipment used in industrial process control including temperature,
level, pressure, flow, density, particle size, Ph/ORP,
conductivity, and material weight instruments.
- Proficient in reading and understanding instrument loop
diagrams, instrument data/spec sheets and PID diagrams.
- Thorough knowledge of repair, testing and calibration of
electrical, pneumatic and electro-hydraulic control valves.
- Dead-weight bench testing and calibration of pressure
instruments. (to include low pressure instruments)
- Knowledgeable in VFD drives, AC & DC motor
- Low voltage control systems
- Fiber optics (splicing, terminations & short cable runs)
- Proficient in the safe use of a variety of test equipment used
for the proper calibration, setup and diagnostics of process
- .Blueprint reading, one-line power and control diagrams,
mechanical math skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1-year experience in maintenance and installation of
process instrumentation in a mining or heavy industry environment
- Accredited apprenticeship or formal vocational training in the
electrical or instrumentation field
- High school diploma or GED certificate
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of
environmental Awareness. (to include job site awareness)
- This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety
& Health awareness including completion of the appropriate OSHA
and/or MSHA training.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles
northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and
encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of
their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Gilbert , Senior Instrument Technician, Professions , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!