Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Positions Open: 1 Site Name: Ray Mine Site Location: Kearny,
US-AZ, 85237Position Title: Instrumentation Technician POSITION
OVERVIEW This position will be responsible in
motor/starter/switchgear selection, PLCs, VFD, Fiber Optic
maintenance and installation, and training/troubleshooting.
Requires working knowledge of various computerized control systems
and instruments critical to plant operations. ESSENTIAL
- To maintain and repair instrumentation equipment.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to the highest standards to
keep down time low, and production high.
- The installation, calibration, troubleshooting and maintenance
of, including, but not limited to the following equipment:
Programmable logic controllers; data transfer via Serial; Data
Highway+; and Ethernet protocols. Ultrasound, Radar, and probe type
level measurement devices; magnetic, DP, Reflex and mechanical type
flow measurement devices; pneumatic, electro-hydraulic actuated
control valves; variable frequency drives; AD to DC rectifiers; low
voltage control systems; and fiber optics.
- Maintain records and files.
- Obtaining materials and repair supplies from the
- Plan jobs and repairs to minimize equipment downtime,
maximizing production up-time. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND
- Requires working knowledge of various computerized control
systems and instruments critical to plant operations.
- Proficient in reading and understanding instrument loop
diagrams, instrument data/spec sheets and PID diagrams.
- Proficient in the safe use of a variety of test equipment used
for the proper calibration, setup, and diagnostics of process
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing consensus
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have valid driver's license. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- 2- or 4-year degree in Instrumentation and Control Technology
with an additional 2 years of direct Instrument Technician
- 5+ years of experience as Instrument Technician. ENVIRONMENTAL,
HEALTH & SAFETY
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of
- This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety
& Health awareness including completion of the appropriate MSHA
training. A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company
is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts
to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially, and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes. ASARCO
LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a
current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are
contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen. ASARCO LLC offers
an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/
dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other
optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company match. The Ray mine
is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles northeast of
Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and encourage
employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of their
commuting costs while reading, sleeping, or just enjoying the view.
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Gilbert , Instrumentation Technician, Professions , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!