General Maintenance Supervisor, Mill
Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Ray Mine
Site Location: Kearny, US-AZ, 85237
The General Supervisor is responsible for supervising and
coordinating activities of various Maintenance employees in the
concentrator crushing departments.
This includes the execution of detailed job plans, facilitates
compliance with OEM specifications, identifying best practices and
complies with safety and environmental policies. Developing
improved performance and productivity plans for the department. The
General Supervisor directs and assists in executing daily, weekly
and monthly schedules. The General Supervisor develops detailed
plans for overhauls and projects. The General supervisor uses a
variety of software to complete daily activities such as SAP and MS
Office products. The General supervisor attends daily planning
meetings in his/her area of responsibility
- Assign duties assisting planners and supervisors in they
execution of jobs
- Supervise and coordinate activities of work crews performing
assigned tasks and project status.
- Inspects equipment for proper functioning and ensures materials
are available for employees.
- Tracks inventory and submits work orders into SAP
- Observes work procedures to ensure quality and safety of work
- Performs PCR (planned component replacement) intervals, routine
job plans and major project plans.
- Coordinate and communicate with production department
- Reviews action plans to address repetitive and catastrophic
- Compiles the field investigation reports
- Provides technical specifications for required parts and
materials to assist in the procurement process.
- Compiles component and material performance information to
justify the technical specs.
- Oversees the Performance of work order backlog, planned work
- Furnishes detailed documentation for planned work to be
completed by planners.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Labor Agreement and safety
- Review Operation performance graphs relevant to
- Manage purchasing of operating consumables and parts.
- Advises the Manager of any problems or issues and presents
solutions after deliberation.
- Must have written, verbal, and listening communication
- Establish min - max quantities for parts stock inventory.
- Oversees that all PM and planned jobs and follow up on schedule
compliance by the shop.
- Initiate the requisitions and follow up on component rebuilds /
exchanges / cores for both on-site and off-site.
- Write new direct charge Purchase requisitions as
- Open and close Work Orders
- Attend professional workshops with mining industry peers to
determine best practices to enhance maintenance work processes at
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of maintaining equipment in fixed plant
- Must have strong mechanical skills and understanding of
welding, fabrication, machining, and equipment rebuild /
- Must have good people skills and ability to effectively
communicate to superiors and subordinates verbally and in
- Knowledge of basic computer functions in Excel, Word, Ellipse,
PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Outlook.
- Deductive reasoning skills.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Sound understanding of MSHA, safety, and environmental
regulations as they relate to the area of work.
- Responsible for executing, supporting, and enforcing the
Company's Environmental, Health and Safety program as required by
OIS policy, directives, and principles.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- English language fluency.
- Must have High School Diploma or General Education Degree
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of
This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety &
Health awareness including completion of the appropriate MSHA
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.ASARCO
LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a
current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are
contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen (hair analysis).
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
For Ray Mine positions:
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles
northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and
encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of
their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Gilbert , General Maintenance Supervisor, Mill, Professions , Kearny, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!