Special Waste Sales Rep
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: January 27, 2023
We are seeking a Special Waste Salesrepresentative for
ourArizona and Southwestlandfill operations located innear Phoenix
AZ and El Paso TX. This position will be based near our
AZoffice.The ideal candidate will be able to sell waste disposal
and collection services to industrial accounts, transporters,
consultants and emergency response companies with a focus on
special waste. This person will develop and maintain relationships
with client accounts focusing on customer satisfaction, quality of
revenue and selling within customer base.Job Duties:
- Identify, target and sell special waste disposal and collection
services to industrial accounts, transporters, consultants, and
emergency response companies. Seek and secure event work
- Develop and maintain business relationships with customers
through periodic personal follow up, proactive customer service,
prompt attention and resolution to concerns or issues and timely
- Manage and when required administer all aspects of project
- Provide consultative services to both new and existing
customers in the areas of special waste disposal services.
Coordinate the approval and follow through of all service
- Increase revenue potential through selling additional services;
improve and preserve quality of revenue through price initiatives
to existing customers.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads
through local publications, business and telephone directories,
consulting business associates, observations in the territory area,
industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other
- Keep up with all federal, state and local environmental laws
and regulations regarding special waste disposal and
- Develop and implement sales and marketing action plan based on
the assigned goals and objectives.
- Contact prospective customers to solicit new orders, review
outstanding orders or needs for recommendations to expand available
- Conduct effective sales presentations by emphasizing
serviceability features and benefits.
- Work with customers in profiling waste streams accurately and
completely and securing the correct analytical information.
- Prepare sales contracts with price quotes, credit terms and
- Utilize negotiation skills to close the sale and secure the
- Prepare and submit timely sales reports in the areas of
customer activity; price changes/increases; serviceability;
customer issues and assurance; personal sales performance or as
requested by management.
- Execute the sales and overall goals of the respective division
as directed by management.
- Maintain community involvement and knowledge of local business
opportunities in the marketplace.
- Attend major industry trade shows as required.
- Approximately 90% of the job function is performed out of the
- May need to work on holidays
- Follow up on commitments with customers to ensure 100%
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Environment,
Chemistry, Science or related area preferred
- Three to five years sales and account management experience;
One to two years experience selling to large accounts or complex
contracts; and/or equivalent combination of education and
- Waste, environmental, and/or analytical background experience
- Previous experience in sales transactions that have long-term
closure requiring many levels of follow up, multiple decision
makers (buying team), complex sales strategies, and some technical
support is very important.
- Knowledgeable in federal, state, and local environmental laws
- Able to prepare business and/or sales reports, correspondence;
able to analyze and interpret business documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure
- Able to effectively present to groups of customers or employees
- Understand general customer service philosophies.
- Able to perform general mathematical skills and relate to
- Able to apply judgment to carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form.
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), MS
Outlook. Power Point beneficial.
- Must be able to travel within sales territory 75% of the time.
Overnight stay occasionally.This position provides:
- A competitive base salary plus un capped commission plan
- Company paid phone and iPad
- A set monthly car allowance
- Annual Chairman's Club recognition for top national
performersWaste Connections US, Inc. (TSX/NYSE: WCN) - We are an
integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste
collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in40 states.
Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and we finished 2016 at
3.376 billion in revenue. Our goal is to create an environment
where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently
fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive
impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and
fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the
foundation for our existence.Why you need to join us!CULTURE: It's
a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered,
self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.INTEGRITY:
Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We
keep our promises to our customers and our employees. Honoring our
commitments provides our stakeholders peace of mind and establishes
us as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
This creates a safe and rewarding environment for our
employees.Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an
environment of operational excellence and accountability.We offer
excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible
spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K
retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Gilbert , Special Waste Sales Rep, Sales , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!