Phlebotomy Coordinator - Nights
Company: Sonora Quest
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Primary City/State: Phoenix, Arizona Department Name:
Procurement-BUMCP Work Shift: Night Job Category: Phlebotomy This
position assists with managing our staff during night shift hours,
meeting our volume of collection, and helps to get stats and timed
studies on time, POSITION SUMMARY Performs all technical and / or
administrative work within assigned location/section at an advanced
level of competency and efficiency. Is a resource and able to solve
complicated and in-depth problems arising of routine and
specialized testing procedures, as well as more sophisticated or
unusual tests. Is actively involved with quality improvement,
research and development and ensuring OSHA regulatory and CAP,
CLIA, JCAHO accreditation compliance. Provides technical and
procedural shift supervision (determine schedules, manage day to
day work flow and give input into an assessment or disciplinary
action) in coordination with management. Develop training programs
for staff. Involved in financial monitoring for the department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Must be a high school graduate or have achieved equivalency
through the GED exam.
- Must exhibit a high level of personal maturity and
- Good reading, writing and math abilities are required.
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to understand
written and spoken instructions in English.
- Good organizational skills are also required.
- Basic knowledge of department resource materials.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Must have two years of experience in the area of test management
- Must be able to recognize problems, identify the cause and
- Must have a thorough knowledge of instrumentation and procedures
utilized in the section.
- Must have a working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation
- Good leadership, human relations and communication skills are
- Exceptional customer service skills and advanced computer skills
in multiple systems to include Laboratory Information Systems and
Hospital Information Systems, as well as ability to use multiple
- Must demonstrate behaviors consistent with the values of
Laboratory Sciences of Arizona.
- Employees assigned to multiple locations/section must be able to
work all shift times within their designated territory.
- Long Term Care requires ADHS Fingerprinting Certification or the
ability to obtain fingerprint certification and that the employee
possess a valid State Drivers License. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
National phlebotomy certification.
- Previous management experience or participation in management
training programs is preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred. DATE
Keywords: Sonora Quest, Gilbert , Phlebotomy Coordinator - Nights, Other , Gilbert, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!